This was just an experiment – but it turned out surprisingly well.
I took a series of hand-held shots of a clock tower with a telephoto, changing the focal length throughout the set. I then stacked them as layers in Affinity Photo, adjusted the opacity of each layer… and that was that.
I didn’t move the individual layers around to align them because I wanted to preserve the actual spatial relationship of the original shots (for some reason this seemed important to me).
I’m pleased with the result. I didn’t really take much care with the shot sequence or choice of subject so I’d like to see what I can come up with when I take a more considered approach.